Shopping for a regular cutting board can be a breeze, but what if you’re looking for one that is specifically designed for meat? From butcher blocks to traditional cutting boards, finding the best cutting board for meat means you’re going to need to take the time to find the most resilient cutting board on the market.
We recommend looking for a model that not only emulates a large slab of wood, but also offers juice grooves, has non-slip feet, and will protect the sharpness of your knives with every cut.
Below are the five top meat cutting boards that can be used by professional and home cooks alike.
Top 5 Cutting Board for Meat Comparisons Chart
Best Cutting Board for Meat Reviews
1. Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
The thing you will love the most about the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board is that it’s one of the more versatile cutting boards on the market. It’s not only specifically designed for chopping and slicing meat, but it is also crafted to make chopping vegetables and scraping ingredients straight into the pot with ease.
The key features of the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board include:
- Lifetime replacement: The vast majority of cutting board manufacturers don’t offer a warranty. However, this model is covered by a lifetime replacement warranty to protect you against splintering and separating wood over the years.
- Natural food-safe features: Similar to any other bamboo cutting board, the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board is naturally antimicrobial and antibacterial, giving you the ability to keep a more sanitary meal preparation space.
- Non-slip backing: To make it even easier to work with tougher ingredients, the added non-slip backing gently adheres to your counter, so the board doesn’t shift while you’re working.
- Knife-friendly materials: Bamboo, although very resilient, is also safe for knives. This makes this cutting board ideal for people who have professional knives on hand, especially when compared to plastic or glass cutting boards.
- Two-tone design: Another feature of the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board is its overall aesthetic, which features a two-tone wood design that looks spectacular when displayed on your counter.
What’s to like about the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
The Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board does not slide and is considered to be safe for chef knives.
What’s not to like about the Greener Chef Organic Bamboo Cutting Board
Although it is easy to keep oiled, this cutting board requires regular maintenance. It may also splinter after washing thus requiring additional sanding.
- Doesn’t slide
- Very safe for chef knives
- Easy to keep oiled
- Requires regular maintenance
- May splinter after washing
- May require additional sanding
2. Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board
The Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board is another professional cutting board that is designed to withstand a lot of wear over the years. With a similar two-tone design with the previous cutting board we discussed, you can bet that this will be one of the most stellar fixtures in your kitchen.
All of the areas where the Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board excels include:
- Natural sanitary features: Bamboo is known for its natural sanitary features that help to make it both antibacterial and antimicrobial without the need for extra treatments. You also won’t have to worry about the buildup of mold if you don’t dry the board thoroughly after washing.
- All-in-one design: Not only will you easily be able to carve meat with your new cutting board, but you can also dice vegetables, slice fruits, and even use it as a serving tray.
- Natural hardness: The natural hardness of bamboo is impressive for maintaining the cutting board’s integrity over the years. What’s more is that it’s just the perfect texture to keep your knives safe after being used repetitively.
What’s to like about the Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board
The Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board is so easy to clean and maintain. It is thick and feels strong as it is also large enough for any cutting job.
What’s not to like about the Panda Chef Bamboo Cutting Board
Users of this cutting board should be made aware that excessive heat may warp the board. It does not also have juice grooves.
- Large enough for any cutting job
- Thick and feels strong
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Excessive heat will warp the board
- Doesn’t have juice grooves
3. Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board
There are plenty of different tasks that you can complete with ease once you get your hands on the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board, especially if it’s your first time using one. With the ability to work with meat, vegetables, bread, cheese, and more, you’ll never have to worry about buying a second or third cutting board again.
All of the best features of the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board include:
- Built-in juice grooves: When you’re working with meat, one of the most important features to have is a juice groove that goes around the perimeter of the cutting board. This helps to make sure that any juices are collected instead of spilled over onto your counter.
- 100% natural construction: Compared to other bamboo cutting boards that use glue with formaldehyde to keep it together, the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board is made entirely formaldehyde-free, which makes it safer to work with.
- Versatile design: Similar to the other boards on this list, there are plenty of tasks that you can complete with the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board. You can use it to prepare meats, cheeses, and even bake goods on its surface.
What’s to like about the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board
This bamboo cutting board is easy to oil and maintain. Thus, it is able to hold up after months of use.
What’s not to like about the Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board
The Midori Way Bamboo Cutting Board doesn’t have non-slip features and may require additional sanding.
- Easy to oil and maintain
- Has a reversible design
- Holds up after months of use
- Doesn’t have non-slip features
- May require additional sanding
4. Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board
At first glance, you can see why the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board could be one of the top competitors in terms of meat-friendly cutting boards. This is because this cutting board has a hefty and professional appearance. Read on to find out what this cutting board has to offer.
Our favorite features of the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board include:
- Highly durable: Designed with the everyday home cook in mind, you can guarantee that this cutting board will be able to withstand a beating over months of regular use, which is one of the best features of bamboo cutting boards.
- Deeper juice grooves: Compared to other cutting boards, the juice grooves on the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board are far superior. Why? This is because they are deeper, which is essential for helping you to catch more juice from your meats.
- Added non-slip pads: As another feature that you might not find in most bamboo cutting boards, this model offers non-slip pads that help to keep the board in place when you’re working with tougher ingredients.
- Moso bamboo construction: Also known as the highest quality bamboo in the world, Moso bamboo is known for being easy to clean and quite durable, lessening the risk of illnesses as a result of cross-contamination.
What’s to like about the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board
The Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board has a very thick stable construction that is able to withstand knife marks. It has non-sllip grips that proves to be useful, along with the grooves that helps catch juice.
What’s not to like about the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board
The surface of this cutting board may be rough for some users. Also, it has a non-stick feet that might easily fall off.
- Very stable construction
- Grooves help to catch a lot of juice
- Non-slip grips are very useful
- Thick and withstands knife marks
- Non-stick feet might fall off
- Feels rough on the surface
5. GreenMore Natural Cutting Board
If you’re the type of homeowner who prefers more basic kitchen accessories, the GreenMore Natural Cutting Board is a great option. This is because it doesn’t have many outrageous features or unique aesthetics compared to the others on this list.
The best features of the GreenMore Natural Cutting Board include:
- Hardwood construction: In an effort to make your cutting board last for years even with daily use, this model is designed and crafted using natural hardwood to help withstand knife marks.
- Easy to oil: As there aren’t any excessive grooves or markings on the GreenMore Natural Cutting Board, it’s easier to oil than other boards. Nevertheless, it’s still recommended that you spend the time to oil both the front and back to preserve the wood.
- Heavy-duty construction: If you’re tired of working with flimsy cutting boards, this is a great alternative as it is hardwood and will sit firmly on your counter.
What’s to like about the GreenMore Natural Cutting Board
This GreenMore Natural Cutting Board is heavy and reliable but still easy to maintain. It features carved fruit grooves too.
What’s not to like about the GreenMore Natural Cutting Board
Although this cutting board is easy to maintain, it may require extra sanding. The GreenMore Natural Cutting Board also has the tendency to warp after washing.
- Heavy and reliable
- Easy to maintain
- Has carved juice grooves
- May warp after washing
- May require extra sanding
When you’re working with meat, you’re surely going to want to make sure that you have a sturdy and reliable surface to work on, which is why we recommend the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board. This cutting board has plenty of benefits and only a couple of concerns, such as putting a little more effort into adhering the non-stick feet to the board.
Overall, it’s performance is far superior as it makes it easier to prepare vegetables, fruits, meats, and even cheeses with ease. You’ll also appreciate how strong it is against knife marks, which helps it to look newer for longer but still protects the sharpness of your kitchen utensils.
We also love the look of the Pristine Bamboo Organic Cutting Board, and you will easily be able to display it on your counter or even use it as a serving tray for a special dinner. Not to mention it has juice grooves that are the perfect depth to help collect a lot of fat and fluids from any meat you might be working with.
With plenty of user-friendly features and professional quality standards, this cutting board is surely the best cutting board for meat that you can get your hands on.
Check out our other article on “Best Cutting Board of 2020: Complete Reviews With Comparisons” for more cutting board reviews.